Support for Legal Advice

You may wish to seek legal advice before filing a disclosure or wrongdoing or during the process, but you are not required to bring legal counsel, a union representative or any other type of representation.

The Commissioner has the authority to approve access to funding for legal advice to any person involved in a complaint or investigation, with the following considerations:

  • A contribution of $1,500 is available to assist with legal representation. 
  • In exceptional circumstances, up tp $3,000 may be provided for access to legal advice. 
  • You must not have access to free legal advice by other means.
  • You may also qualify to receive legal advice if you are considering making a complaint, but have not already done so.

Request for Funding for Legal Advice Form